The industry that connects and protectsGet to know us
ASD is the voice of the European Aerospace, Security and Defence industry. We actively support the competitive development of the industry at both European and global levels, providing expertise to institutions and member companies.
Value to society
The aerospace, defence, security, and space industries are integral to our lives. From connecting people across the globe, to keeping us safe, these industries play a vital role in our interconnected world.
- Protecting freedomBuilding resilience for a safer tomorrow
- Connecting peopleWhere distance is no barrier
- Global trade by airConnecting opportunities
- Providing vital medical aidWhen speed saves lives
- Protecting critical infrastructureSafeguarding Europe’s vital lifelines
- Disaster relief & rescue missionsSolutions for saving lives
- Aviation safetyThe safest way to travel is getting safer
- Space observationWhere distance is no barrier
- Future-facing careersSkills for innovation
How we work as the voice of the aerospace, security and defence industry to support, inform and represent our members for a safe and sustainable future. All Focus areas
- SustainabilityFrom aviation's net-zero goal, to decarbonisation in defence, our industry is innovating for a greener future
- ProtectEmpowering Europe's defence - explore access to finance, capacity building, cyber defence, and critical raw materials
- ConnectExplore air traffic management, safety, urban air mobility, and aviation cyber security, shaping a future of safety, efficiency, and cutting-edge technology
Dive into news, stories, and updates reflecting the vital role the aerospace, security and defence industry plays in our well-being, safety and progress. Explore our News & Media section
- Breakthrough agreement on sustainable aviation fuel (SAF)European aviation associations welcomed International Civil Aviation Organisation’s agreement on sustainable aviation fuels, marking a significant step towards achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050. The agreement includes a 5% CO2 reduction objective by 2030.
- ASD's view on cyber security in aviationLearn why ASD believes the existing Part IS framework surpasses NIS2 in providing cyber security measures and in protecting the EU’s aviation safety and economy.
- EU backs defence industry investmentASD welcomed EU defence ministers' statement on finance access for the defence industry. Addressing critical issues for the EU defence technological and industrial base, the statement emphasises the importance of policies supporting industry financing. Jan Pie, ASD Secretary General, sees it as a crucial step for a more secure Europe.
Key industry data 2022
New jobs in 2022
- 3.5 m
Total employment supported
- 9.8 %
Turnover growth in 2022
Some of Our Members