ASD is currently looking for a motivated and proactive manager working on defence industry- and market-related issues to join its international staff in Brussels. Together with the other members of the defence team, he/she will support the activities of different industry working groups and contribute to fostering the dialogue between European industry and the EU institutions.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the responsibility and guidance of the Director for Defence and Security, the Defence Manager shall:
- Support the Defence Business Unit and its related working bodies (committees and task forces)
- Monitor and assess EU defence policies and other EU policies impacting the defence industrial base
- Contribute to the development of common industry positions
- Contribute to ASD’s outreach and advocacy
- Ensure synergies and cooperation with other ASD working groups
- Support and advise the Defence and Security Director
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree preferably in European Affairs or equivalent, with specialisation in defence (gained through academic or professional experience)
- Very good knowledge of all EU policies impacting the defence industrial base
- Thorough understanding of the EU decision-making process
- Experience related to the EU institutional environment and/or the defence industry is an advantage
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Precise, analytical and contextual thinking
- Political sensitivity
- Capacity to learn fast, be flexible and think ahead
- Good team player and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English and upper-intermediate in French
- Computer literate (very good Internet research and Microsoft Office skills)
A full-time job in a dynamic and challenging environment with an attractive employment contract, including benefits (lunch vouchers, insurance and public transport). Starting date: As soon as possible.
All applicants should send their CV and cover letter in English to applications(at)asd-europe(dot)org, with the reference “Defence Job”. The closing date for applications is August 31, 2017.