Destination 2050

Net zero CO2 emissions from all flights within and departing from the EU2 can be achieved by 2050 through joint, coordinated and decisive industry and government efforts. The European aviation industry is committed to reaching this target and contribute to the goals set in the European Green Deal and the Paris Agreement.

Destination 2050 shows a possible pathway that combines new technologies, improved operations, sustainable aviation fuels and economic measures. Absolute emissions are reduced by 92%, while the remaining 8% is removed from the atmosphere through negative emissions, achieved through natural carbon sinks or dedicated technologies.

Destination 2050 Report

Download the full Destination 2050 Report. Published in February 2021.